Sunday 20 May 2012

Garage sale - bonus bucks!

Yet again it has been a while since I have posted, and I am wracking my brain to think if I have made many purchases since last time - I really don't think so.  What I have so made note of is:

Paints at a garage sale: 25 cents
Dress at a garage sale: $2
Sports bras (really a necessity, but nonetheless): $24.99

This takes me down to $64.42 - not bad for nearly six months!  Again, I don't think I can stay within that for the next six months, but what the heck - still a good effort!

But, it is garage sale season and I am a sucker for garage sales!!  I have made some other purchases at recent ones, but not stuff just for me.  I bought some houseplants, some craft supplies for my kids' camps, and an AWESOME rug for only $50.  I thought that was a steal!
Cool rug for a deal!
I have also purchased some beads for a necklace set I am making for a charity auction, but those seem to fall out of the remit as well, to me at least.  And I have also bought quite a lot of stuff to work in the garden - my green thumb is pale, but I am hoping to learn about what works where here!  I do like it, if only I were more patient with it!

What else....

Oh yes, and we had our own garage sale this weekend!  Man, they are pretty intense!  People were here over an hour early to see if we had any good stuff - we didn't have the kind of stuff they would want, but were able to unload quite a lot of stuff.  A small dent, but a dent all the same!  I made over $200 all told, which is pretty dang good, I think, since I didn't have any major items.  I will admit, there is a sense of pride seeing someone walk off with a pleased look after getting something they will enjoy - the life of the item goes on!  The leftovers are hopefully going to be picked up by a charity this week, and hopefully will find good homes.  I would have liked to freecycle it all, to get to know about how it is helping people, but I couldn't see getting 25 different people and setting up all those different times to meet up, so this seemed the next best option.
Fun garage sale time in the sun - LJ's car still in the driveway since she lost her keys for hours :)
I think that at least part of my proceeds can go back into my pocket....seems fair?  I know, I know, I can't fill up any empty space with more crap, but luckily that is on the brain now, so I don't think I would be able to even if I wanted to!  But there are some clothing items, such as tanks, that I think I need a couple wardrobe staples, so will see what I can find that is ethical or somewhere mid-life range!

No comments:

Post a Comment