Monday 5 December 2011

$325-6.49-2.79 =$315.72

Good thing virtually everything in Joann Fabrics was on sale!!

I was already anticipating one of the purchases - pinking shears for sewing.  They are special scissors that are zigzag cut that help keep fabric from fraying.  I know, who cares, but they are important to a budding seamstress and my grandma's just weren't cutting it any longer!  But they were on sale for $6.49 from $12.99 - I didn't even know that until I looked at the receipt!

The other is a silly purchase - $2.79 for faux white fur trim.  BUT, we are throwing a mega Xmas party and I needed it to sew onto my red top to make me Mrs Claus-esque.  And, hey, it was 60% off, and better than cutting up one of JM's many Santa hats!

The three lamps that I purchased from Craigslist I am going to let slide, as I still count them in the 'moving in' category and I don't have any lamps in here otherwise.  They were $15 for the whole lot, so not too bad even considering. Gotta love Craigslist!

No comments:

Post a Comment