Sunday 18 December 2011

Crafty splurges = $295.47

I am doing fairly well at slowly whittling away the money over the holiday shopping season.  Don't get me wrong - it is hard!  And I am overspending on other people and food, but I can only take on one thing at a time.

So my items for myself have been limited, and even with an additional trip to Seattle with a bunch of running gals, where part of the purpose was to SHOP.  I withheld!

Here is what I have bought lately, including the odd pic:

- Found a great charity shop that is FULL of junk.  Yes, lots of junk, but some treasures buried within.  So here I got (an Xmas gift that can't be pictured), a ceramic receptacle for our kitchen counter and utensils, and I don't think that counts against me, and this awesome wrought-iron Santa all for $5!!  The guy was nice, and that was all the cash I had.  So the Santa I will take as my own and it worked out to $1.02.  Gotta love charity shopping!  Plus I decorated the Santa to make him a bit more festive - I swear those types of things go for >$30 at craft shows!
Santa decorated
$1 Santa before
- Then I had to pay a visit to Joann Fabrics, my fave place, where I got a $0.50 foam pirate hat that I could wear to I.I.'s 4 bday party this weekend.  I also got a bunch of crafty stuff, a new mini glue gun for making some Xmas tags and some fabric for some project at some stage - so that all set me back $19.23.  This brings the new total to $295.47.



Who could pass this hat up? Homemade eye patch = $0
I really think that is all of my personal purchases over the past couple weeks - not too bad, I reckon!

Oh, and some good news on the running front - I am hoping to get accepted into a group amongst fans of a major name brand of running equipment that would entitle me to 30% off all of their products.  30% off of running shoes can be a substantial difference!  So fingers crossed that works out, and I can say more about it later!  It also helps the vice that we had our running groups Xmas party last week and Secret Santa gave me some new arm warmers and gloves that are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment